Website Life Healthcare
Challenging Registered Nurse positions exist in the Thoracic ICU Unit, Life Wilgers Hospital, Pretoria, reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of this unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Maintenance of medical equipment.
- Conduct basic duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures.
- In service training and education
- Effective record keeping
- Cost effective management of labour hours according to the flexible hours system
- Continued education of patients
- Liaison with patients, doctors and other medical personnel
- Maintenance and promotion of safety
- Infection control
- Stock control and equipment maintenance (including pharmacy stock)
- Must be a Registered Nurse registered with SANC.
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- An ICU formal qualification or C&CTICU experience.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organised.
- Must be willing to work according to the flexi-hours system – night shift.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A