These are exciting times at LNER. We have ambitious plans to drive innovation and to transform in the rail industry and to do this we have some large-scale exciting projects happening and plenty more waiting in the wings.
That’s where you come in! We’re looking for a Digital PMO Manager to join the team ensuring adherence to the Digital portfolio governance and ultimately enabling the successful delivery of a broad range of LNER Digital projects. This is an 18 month contract to join the team during a busy period of exciting projects.
In this role, you’ll ensure that all projects adhere to agreed best practice and that standard approaches are in place for tracking costs, quality and delivery timescales across the portfolio.
Working alongside a team of Project Managers, you’ll be able to provide insight at a portfolio level to enable project prioritisation, resource allocation and planning.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the Digital Portfolio governance through all of its stages, define and embed appropriate project controls
- Manage and compile portfolio level financial and KPI information for various reporting, such as board packs, period reporting & timesheet cross charging
- Ensure quality Project level reporting is taking place and assist the Programme Manager in reporting through various governance boards, such as Technology Board & Programme Board
- Provide support to the Digital HOD’s with the annual and subsequent quarterly finance reviews and budget setting with Finance, aligned to the Digital Strategy.
- Ensure efficient change control methods and process are designed and embedded
- Understand the company project roadmap and pipeline requirements to report on and validate the project & programme roadmap (progress, resource, budget, risks & issues) providing a central view to the Digital team
- Provide and maintain a resource capacity planning and tracking service across the Digital Portfolio to assist Senior management with capacity management decisions. Highlighting future capacity hotspots / bottlenecks.
- Ability to work with and lead Project Managers to follow best practice & governance
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making
- Strong Stakeholder Management and Communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and delegate effectively
- Able to assimilate all portfolio information and present high-quality reporting, tracking & management information
- Strong Financial Management and Planning
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and contract management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, GB
Application Deadline: N/A