The Operations Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Operations Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Operations Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Operations Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. Role-specific assignments and priorities will be tailored to front-end and back-end operations. Furthermore, this individual may be asked to rotate through Merchandising and Specialty assignments for the purpose of cross-training and development.
- Conducting safety walks, monitoring use of store power equipment, and coaching associates around safe work practices.
- Planning for spikes in sales and ensuring the store has the in-stock position to support the demand.
- Anticipating customer flow and work demand and redirecting efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed.
- Experience working with store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
- 3 years of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience leading associates in a retail environment OR 3 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
- Broad knowledge of interior/exterior product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets, millwork, building materials, appliances, home décor, lighting, plumbing).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1 year of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- 5 years of experience leading support/operations associates in a retail or consumer service industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, certification, or background in retail store freight flow logistics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Application Deadline: N/A