Website Mr Price Group
Support the store manager in managing the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets and customer service standards are met and exceeded.
- Analyse sales & profitability reports in store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance and monitor store expenditure.
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping etc.) to meet customer service standards.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Authorize write offs, breakages, recalls and returns.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to support centre and enhance sales.
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g. admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO (Continuous Monitoring) reports, POS (Point of Sales) reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance to policies and procedures.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include: in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Grade: 12 (NQF Level 4) or equivalent.
- Sales & service management.
- Retail trade, brand, customer & product understanding.
- Computer literate.
- Communication skills.
- 3 Years’ experience in retail (management experience advantageous).
- Including, relevant tertiary qualification.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A