Website Mr Price Group
Mr Price Logistics is hiring an experienced Facilities Engineering Manager. This role will primarily be based at the Mr Price Group Distribution Centre in Hammarsdale.
- Project Manage any equipment shut down and refurb process and manage all new equipment installations.
- The setting of sustainability goals, reporting system and culture
- To ensure site Facilities are managed in compliance with regulatory standards, Health & Safety and operational requirements
- Ensure the reliability and uptime of pilot plant equipment and facilities through supervision of maintenance technicians, planning, implementation and oversight of preventive maintenance and reliability programs, coordination of shutdown activities, procurement of capital spares
- To manage all Preventative maintenance to a level that allows the site to have equipment uptime
- Evaluate and implement changes and additions to equipment and processes to support DC requirements and OSHA safety guidelines
- Develop PLC programs for machine control. Read PLC code for troubleshooting system problems.
- Manage building maintenance for continuous operation, including repairs, preventive actions and ensuring the required compliance
- Manage entire maintenance budget spend.
- Asses appropriate suppliers then manage and maintain the relationship with all site technical suppliers to ensure that the scope of work is correct and the costings in line with SOW
- Manages the entire site’s technical and maintenance requirements to ensure all breakdowns are repaired in a timeous manner so as not to impact site output ability
- To install, maintain, and troubleshoot conveyor and controls components photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, servo drives and frequency inverters with the team
- Ensure legal compliance in relation to ASIB and full electrical compliance. Ensure the integrity of critical site equipment covering all temperature regimes as well as the full suite of site services.
- Sign off project installation at completion. Identify operational improvements and analyse, justify options/suggestions with the site management team
- To lead and direct maintenance/ technical team through involvement and communication to deliver on key performance indicators.
- Please note: All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at the time of application or if necessary undertake, to receive a second vaccination in accordance with Company policy, before permanent employment is confirmed.
- Strong overall technical understanding
- Control systems, Project Management, Large scale automation, problem-solving and data analysis, managing a team and budget control
- 7-10 years of engineering experience in a highly automated production and manufacturing environment
- Degree in Mechatronics/ or electrical engineering. A Millwright with strong controls programming experience/ Control and Instrumentation Engineering
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Camperdown Rural, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A