Website National Park Service
A selectee receiving a first appointment to the Federal Government (Civil Service) is entitled only to the lowest step of the grade for which selected The display of a salary range on this vacancy shall not be construed as granting an entitlement to a higher rate of pay.
- Performs repair and modification on both historic and modern structures.
- Supports small and large construction, renovation and maintenance projects throughout the park.
- Repairs, constructs and installs windows, window frames, trims, moldings, doors and various other associated building parts.
- Constructs, makes alterations, maintains and repairs interior and exterior building structure such as roofs, rafters, framework, walls, concrete forms, etc.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- S. Citizenship required.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver’s license is required. If selected, you will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 2 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16 years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) Have completed a formal vocational training program; or
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A