Website National Park Service
Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations working with audiences in a variety of park settings.
- Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations.
- Develop programs using principles of the NPS thematic interpretation model through topic research, familiarity with and creative use of delivery techniques.
- Provide informal interpretation and orientation for park guests in visitor centers, ranger stations and while roving in the field.
- Perform cashier duties and assist with a variety of special projects to support park goals.
- Actively promote the safety of park visitors and stewardship of park resources in all interactions, and potentially serve as the initial contact for accident reporting and emergency assistance.
- Additional duties for GS-5:
- You will present informal and formal talks.
- Lead guided tours, and respond to visitor inquiries for information, direction and guidance.
- Additional duties for GS-7:
- You will perform duties listed at the GS-5 level as well as provide on-the-job training and assistance to team members.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Males must meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Occupancy of government quarters may be required.
- Government housing may be available.
- You may be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and/or shift work.
- You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver’s license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver’s license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver’s licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State driver’s license.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A