Website National Park Service
- You will present informal and formal talks.
- You will perform duties listed at the GS-5 level as well as provide on-the-job training and assistance to team members.
- Provide informal interpretation and orientation for park guests in visitor centers, ranger stations and while roving in the field.
- Lead guided tours, and respond to visitor inquiries for information, direction and guidance.
- Perform cashier duties and assist with a variety of special projects to support park goals.
- Actively promote the safety of park visitors and stewardship of park resources in all interactions, and potentially serve as the initial contact for accident reporting and emergency assistance.
- Develop programs using principles of the NPS thematic interpretation model through topic research, familiarity with and creative use of delivery techniques.
- Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in the federal service.
- Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Experience may have been in technical, administrative, or scientific work, fish and wildlife management, recreation management, law enforcement, or other park related work.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- You may be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and/or shift work.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A