Website National Park Service
This position is located in the Historic Preservation Training Center division of Workforce and Inclusion. The primary purpose of this position is to perform building/and or utility maintenance and operation duties.
- Patches and repairs roofs consisting of built up tar and paper, metal as well as foam roofs and asphalt shingles.
- Paints various types of structures such as interior and external metal, wood and masonry surfaces.
- Performs masonry work of limited difficulty involving the maintenance, repair, construction of historic sites.
- Applies premixed paints or stains to masonry, gypsum board or wood surfaces using brushes or rollers.
- Performs repairs to buildings and quarters.
- Constructs, installs, repairs, and replaces items such as doors, shelves, supply racks, hardware, frame structures, windows, trim and cabinets.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision(SCREEN OUT)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Ability to Interpret instructions, Specifications, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Materials
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A