The Data Analytics Internal Auditor is accountable for advancing data analytics within Internal Audit to increase the use of data and the automation of data analytics that provides insight into key risks and controls. Work involves conducting the conversion of data into insights that will identify areas of risk and non-compliance to policies processes and procedures.
- To perform audits under the direction of the IT Audit Manager and/or Senior IT Internal Auditor as per the audit plan.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents potential data sources in support of business processes to facilitate effective assurance.
- Plan, scope, design and deliver analytics on audit assignments in line with audit objectives.
- Identify control gaps and recommend risk aversion measures including cost and time savings.
- Automating the analysis of key KPI’s and building regular trend analysis and continuous monitoring.
- Performing continuous monitoring data analysis in conjunction with the audit managers and audit seniors as part of the performance of various reviews, e.g. control effectiveness reviews, data migration reviews, data quality assessments, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.Com Honours in Accounting/Finance or B.Sc in Information Systems/ Computer Science/ Statistics.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certification (Desirable).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certification (Desirable).
- ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) Intermediate Certification (or working towards it).
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience at a large complex data driven organisation in a mixture of business audit (business knowledge) and data analysis. The experience needs to be both business and IT related given the focus on the position to be able to play in both the IT and business space.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A