Netflix seeks a Screenings Asset Specialist to support the Screenings Team, which is part of our APAC Events and Regional Publicity team. Netflix is an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment and excellent communication. The successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, collaborate with internal teams and external vendors, as well as prioritize deadlines.
The Screenings Team is responsible for the exhibition and creation of the content that plays at Premieres, Festivals, Conventions, Awards Consideration, and other Netflix screenings. This team works closely with Post Production, Title Ops, Globalization, Events, and Publicity to provide the optimal screening experience. The candidate should have an understanding of DCPs, audio, video, localization, digital file formats, and delivery specifications. Additionally, the candidate should be proactive, a self-starter, and flexible.
- Creation of Screening Assets including but not limited to DCPs, Media Files (h264 and Apple ProRes), DVDs/BDs, viewing links, and more.
- Working closely with Screenings and Post teams to anticipate asset needs in advance of incoming screening requests
- Familiarizing themselves with their assigned titles to anticipate potential issues (aspect ratios, forced narratives)
- Familiarizing themselves with the associated Publicity, Awards, and Event campaigns of their associated titles to better anticipate and prioritize their workload
- Building and tracking asset delivery timelines to ensure assets are completed in advance of relevant campaign dates and incoming screening requests
- Knowledge of Post Production Imaging (Color Space, DI, P3 vs Rec709) and Sound Workflows (Nearfield and Theatrical mixes)
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
- Native or business proficiency in English
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of digital cinema (DCPs, KDMs/DKDMs, theatrical aspect ratios)
- 5+ years of experience within medium to high budget studios, networks, or media services company
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality
- College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in tandem
- Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats and creation software (Resolve, FCP, Avid, Adobe)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Application Deadline: N/A