Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 214 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. As we scale, grow our employee population and open offices in multiple countries, scaling our unique culture and way of operating becomes increasingly challenging. With that, we need a strong Talent team to partner closely with the teams based in our Berlin office to support and challenge them as they work to drive even more growth. Specifically, we’re looking for a strong Head of Talent to partner with our team in Berlin, which includes a diverse range of functions from Content, Production to Marketing, Legal and many more. In this role, you’ll be expected to lead and model the Netflix culture, while being thoughtful about cultural nuances that may impact how teams work together with other teams in the region and/or globally. The ideal candidate is an experienced HR Business Partner, with strong influencing skills. We are seeking someone who is highly curious and collaborative, and who naturally seeks insight and feedback from their colleagues. This is a true Business Partnering role, responsible for providing thoughtful counsel to the local x-functional leadership team and their teams across multiple functions in the business. You won’t spend time creating HR best practices or programs, but will embed yourself within your partner teams, and will drive conversations and initiatives that support our business strategy and drive growth in DACH. In order to be successful in the role, you’ll need to model our unique culture through your behaviour and interactions, and will have to encourage and initiate difficult conversations and open feedback.
- Strong collaboration with functional EMEA HRBPs; gathering insights, sharing information and partnering for the execution of functional initiatives impacting teams in Germany.
- HR Business Partner for the Country Leadership Team based in Germany (Marketing, Content, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) with the ability to coach, challenge leaders and influence decisions.
- Responsible for laying the foundation of how the talent team operates making sure everyone knows who to reach for what. Thought partner for functional leaders in Germany e.g headcount planning, hiring, organisation design, reorganisations, compensation, performance, coaching leaders and their teams.
- Identify Learning and Org Development (L&OD) needs across the different teams in Germany and partner with regional L&OD team and functional HRBP depending on the need.
- The Head of Talent should have strong business acumen and understanding of all the business functions present in the Germany office so that he/she partners cross functionally with all teams in Germany, joining cross functional team meetings, helping with team dynamics and facilitating cross functional work
- Active member of the leadership team in Germany helping leaders to embed and scale the Netflix Culture, Organisation Health, Leadership and playing a crucial role in defining the country strategy for the business and their teams.
- The Functional HRBP responsible for building a strong partnership with the Head of Talent in Germany providing functional context (HC plans, EMEA functional business strategy, I&D and L&D plans for their functions…) and ensuring necessary alignment between functional teams based in different offices.
- The Functional HRBP represents Germany when partnering with the functional teams in UCAN (US & Canada) and other regions.
Qualification & Experience:
- The Head of Talent to create a sense of unity around Talent efforts in the country, “build a local Talent team”.
- The Head of Talent and ES partner closely together in gathering insights that will help define the people strategy for Germany (from regulations and legal requirements to employees/teams’ needs and challenges)
- ES to be the first line of support for all employees/Individual Contributors plus local managers on day to day operational HR matters (Workday, local onboarding, relocation into country…)
- The Head of Talent partners very closely with ES in the preparation for terminations providing the necessary context for ES to execute on the administrative piece and exit interviews.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berlin, Germany
Application Deadline: N/A