Website New Look
We are looking for a Junior Technologist on Jersey to join our Quality Team in our London Office. You will need to have previous experience in a similar role and have fitting and technical garment skills.
- Understand how to adapt product to minimise costs
- Conduct regular New Look store visits to identify faults and action improvements
- Monitor and manage weekly faulty returns using weekly reports and highlight to suppliers and BMD
- Take responsibility for fitting and sealing of jersey department
- Manage the product development process from first fit through to production, liaising with design, buying, merchandising, suppliers, franchise, international, supply chain and E-Commerce as required
- Ensure full understanding of packaging and labeling requirements to ensure consistency of brand and quality
- Review supplier compliance in a commercial manner to resolve DC on holds within 48 hours of ‘Supplier Compliance Authorisation’
- Understand product construction and suitability for mass production
- Risk assess product and supplier capabilities to ensure correct quality standards are achievable
- Provide reporting on quality and fit at department level in order to identify which areas to focus improvements with support from your manager
- Maintain departmental quality, fit, testing and grading standards to uphold manual compliance with support from your manager
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers to achieve desired quality and fit objectives
- Manage test reports through ‘Datalink’
- Monitor the market, identifying competitor advances in quality/ fit, and highlight to managers
- Complete factory/ testing laboratory/ distribution center trips in line with departmental needs
- Work with design and supply base to develop product briefs, providing accurate measurement and fabric requirements
- Able to measure a model confidently.
- Jersey Testing knowledge and understanding.
- Numerical and analytical skills in order to review returns data.
- Able to conduct a fit session with support.
- Good influencing skills and resolution techniques
- Degree level Fashion/ technical qualification plus two years of jersey technical experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence the buying team and suppliers
- An understanding of manufacturing faults and how to prevent going forward.
- The capability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of labelling, packaging and presentation of a product to include legal compliance
- An understanding of grading and sizing regulations
- A strong eye and ability to develop a product range with a consistent fit and quality
- Risk assessment skills
- Understanding of supply chain issues, for example: lead times/ flexibility/ supplier capability
Company: New Look
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A