Website New Look
Our IT team don’t accept the status quo, we think disruptively about Technology and how we can use it. We collaborate with the business to deliver that technology which supports our business ambition to be the leading omnichannel retailer. We strive to do the right thing, always, focusing on safe, secure and reliable operations, while seeking out quality technology for our customers and colleagues to support and drive our business goals. By focusing on the value, we’re creating and ensuring our delivery choices suit the product and project ambitions, we challenge ourselves and thrive.
- Understands cloud cost models and can run cloud readiness assessments
- Has knowledge of cloud security and seeks implementation of best practices
- Responsible for understanding business problems and designing, developing / configuring, testing, and deploying software to provide the solution.
- Own the project technical strategy and provide guidance and technical oversight to individual scrum team members (e.g. on the amount of time to accomplish assigned engineering tasks) and is a steward of high code quality.
- Advocates DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods as part of a larger cross-functional team
- Contributes to solution architecture discussions.
- Depending on the team responsibilities may be building pipelines, building test strategy, building cloud environments to be used in part of the development processes.
- Ensures the delivery of the software is high quality and automated as much as possible.
- Will have knowledge of cloud best practice
- May be required to work occasionally in addition to the standard 9-5 working hours to troubleshoot issues with live applications
- Is able to evidence promotion of development best practices
- Experience of working in Retail would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite
- Experience of supervising junior resource
- Should have experience of working within squads and collaborating with internal stakeholders to translate business requirements to technical requirements and solutions
- Capability in managing people providing leadership required such as coaching, setting objectives and carrying out performance reviews
Company: New Look
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A