This global Non-profit organisation works towards enhancing the improvement of quality of lives of the poorest and most vulnerable communities to the impact of climate change. In this case there is extensive work in Africa, South Asia and the Andrean region of South America. This role plays a crucial part in developing and co-ordinating digital communications and outreach activities at the Global level to assist with communications in these regions.
- Promote regional events, speaking opportunities and conferences, webinars, as well as peer-learning events, and workshops.
- Work closely with the team to strategise the engagement approach and identify key global and Africa outreach opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good contacts with key global and regional online knowledge platforms and mailing lists so as to share knowledge, and including securing content sharing agreements if necessary.
- Lead on developing and disseminating monthly E-newsletter, press releases, research material when necessary
- Management of an assistant in handling all aspects of Digital outreach and social media.
- Create and develop audio-visual content for social media including social media cards, GIF’s and short videos.
- Post website updates, lead on website maintenance – ensuring website up to date always
- Oversee development of new microsites and project websites linked to various projects including managing web-developers.
- Coordinate all digital outreach efforts including writing social media posts, cross-posting to other sites and disseminating to external mailing lists, media, newsletters and key portals
- Ensure Search Engine Optimisation of all content.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy
- Identify blog topics, commission blogs and write articles for the website, run blog campaigns for specific events and topics.
- Ability to travel when necessary, to Africa and possibly internationally.
- Expert Social media and Digital expertise and proven record of sound strategies
- Monitoring and evaluation experience in terms of data, quality and key performance areas
- Excellent computer skills on MS Office, website content and related management systems
- Relevant Tertiary qualification, proficiency in English, and if possible, working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
- Sound digital and media communications background of more than seven to ten years Within the Environmental Arena / Climate Change Issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A