This role presents the successful applicant with an opportunity to use their broad corporate marketing and sales experience and expertise to make a significant contribution to World Vision South Africa by building a robust Corporate funding stream that will substantially grow the organization – it is both a high-profile role and life changing, for the applicant, WVSA and our child beneficiaries.
- Manage all aspects of the partnership process and corporate giving cycle (including the strategy for corporate prospecting, acquisition, cultivation, and retention/growth), through diverse business tactics that will generate significant revenues to sustain WVSA operations.
- Develops corporate donor partnerships by leading the creation, planning and coordination of in-kind, once-off, Payroll, Broad Based Black
- Economic Empowerment and Corporate Social Investment commitments to support WVSA operations through small and large corporate (Local and International) stewardship activities.
- Identifying, soliciting and cultivating WV stakeholders (Internal and External) into an ecosystem of partnerships for general operating support, networking, event sponsorship, volunteering, and/or publicity, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
- Provide support to the NRD Lead in developing and maintaining strategic documents, databases, communication campaigns and marketing events and or initiatives.
- Grow WVSA’s portfolio of corporate donors and prospects to sustain its operations by setting realistic fundraising targets to fixed deadlines, agreed in consultation with key internal partners. Tracks performance and forecasting of corporate-giving projections.
- Design, development and execution of a comprehensive (Local and International) business giving programme to increase WVSA’s corporate donations and support.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and solicits corporate opportunities from information gathered from a variety of internal and external sources that indicates corporate interest, accessibility and capacity of the identified business segments to develop and implement WVSA’s corporate-giving donor strategy with long and short-term donation goals.
- Institutionalize innovative approaches for Corporate-Giving Support from Businesses in South Africa who have an expected inclination to support WVSA through, but not limited to; strategic Corporate Social Investment donations (Impact Investing), Broad Based Black Economic
- Empowerment deals, shared value opportunities, pledges, once-off cash or in-kind donations, and staff involvement (Payroll contributions, etc).
- Partners with Marketing and Communications on corporate donor related messages, products and events assisting to develop appropriate materials (brochures, promotional materials, appeals and online content) to support every aspect of the corporate-giving partnership plan.
- Manages all correspondence and reporting to prospects and donors, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of development.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate fundraising tactics with the ability to create, plan and coordinate Corporate Social Investment commitments,
- Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, once-off, Payroll and in-kind support.
- Ability to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Self-Manager, analytical and critical thinker, able to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors
- Strong leadership with ability to positively influence others to support strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Passion for the mission and goal of World Vision South Africa
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of fundraising databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Plan, manage and reconcile marketing and communications related project/campaigns
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a close-knit team – locally and internationally.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of effective fundraising pipeline development and management with the vision to identify strategic change opportunities and make workable recommendations accordingly.
- Must have a strong working knowledge on how to post and engage on various social media platforms and other online sales/marketing channels
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, innovative thinking, flexibility, team-oriented, high degree of initiative, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the organisation.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non- technical staff at all levels, in a clear and concise style.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the Corporate Social Investment space is essential as is working knowledge of Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment score card elements.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with corporate-giving programmes particularly small and large corporates.
- Experience initiating and managing successful corporate projects, events and or campaigns.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM fundraising software is essential.
- Experience developing and executing marketing campaigns in a development context would be an advantage
- Cultivating, growing and closing business deals and developing corporate-giving strategies in SA.
- A proven track record of successful relationship building and income generation through applying a broad business acumen to easily identify and appreciate business development opportunities is essential.
- Experience with corporate prospecting, acquisition, cultivation and retention – Digital marketing experience would be an advantage
- Experience with research tools and developing corporate research profiles (Macro and Micro).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A