As a Senior Knit Designer for the London Code studio, you will elevate the Nike product experience with a focus on the art and science of knitted material design. You will drive Knitted footwear innovation quality through the connection of design, development and manufacturing. As an experienced textile designer you will fuse your technical expertise with an unbridled appetite for design, balanced futures and unparalleled understanding of the future *consumer.
As a creative and technical specialist in the field of knitted textile design you will be working with the design director and design team to develop seasonal knit concepts for footwear across all dimensions and genders. You will bring to life this direction in both physical knit samples and digital renderings. We expect you to push the edge of what is possible, adopting unknowns and always being comfortable with risk! In your day to day you will engage with your knit design team in trend research, insights, problem solving for the best design solves across performance and lifestyle. You will always consider sustainability in your design practice and stay on top of the latest balanced textile and yarn developments. With each season you will be encouraged to present your work both formally and informally across multiple audiences. In addition to the project work you will also collaborate and help build the seasonal design direction. As a world-class Knit designer, you will be seen as a team leader and mentor for other designers.
As a Senior Knit Designer for Footwear you collaborate with the Code Knit Design team and the NXT Knit design studio. You will also partner with the greater design community, footwear design, digital design, Materials design and computational, as well as mentor other designers. You’ll work hand in hand with large project teams that include engineers, programmers, yarn developers, sustainability, scientists, and insights team.
- 5+ years of proven experience in knitted textile design and programming flat knitting machines.
- Strong Adobe suite skills (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes for knitted materials and yarn
- BA Textile Design – Specialism in Knit preferred
- Knowledge and experience with sustainable design and manufacturing a plus
- Can realise concepts both in render and physical prototype / swatches
- Sophisticated knowledge of fully fashioned knitting
- Must be able to build across a product spectrum with multiple solutions
- Previous Knitted Footwear design experience preferred
- M1 Plus (related to Stoll CMS) is required
- A working knowledge of 3D and computational tools a plus
- Confirmed ability to translate consumer insights and trends into product solutions and narrative.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A