Website National Security Agency
Security and Counterintelligence is responsible for the protection of NSA/CSS information, people, and facilities worldwide. In support of this mission, Security personnel oversee the development, installation, and maintenance of physical security systems. Security personnel help maintain integral elements of an overall security theory, posture, and infrastructure designed to efficiently deter, delay, detect and identify threats to NSA people, resources and facilities.
- Conducting the security adjudicative analytic and risk mitigation process
- Coordinating the security clearance process, including vetting, approval, denial, and access control
- Making security clearance determinations in accordance with DOD, IC, and NSA/CSS personnel security regulations, principles, and processes
- Evaluating reports of investigations, interpreting, and applying adjudicative guidelines to formulate a recommended course of action consistent with relevant Executive Orders, OPM, Department of Justice, and NSA related to security/suitability determinations
- Corroborating or mitigating serious derogatory information
- Reviewing case files of all relevant materials pertaining to a case including all paperwork, videotape, any other source materials, and the opinions of other relevant/investigative personnel
- Reviewing investigative documents to identify discrepancies, inconsistencies, and areas potentially requiring clarification or additional investigation
- Reviewing adjudicative determinations of other personnel security professionals (e.g., polygraphers, security information specialists, counterintelligence investigators)
- Reviewing and verifying information submitted on applications/Personnel Security Questionnaires
- Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Degree in any field is acceptable.
- Relevant experience must be in analysis, adjudication, investigation, and/or auditing.
- Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience, or a Doctoral degree and no experience.
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A