Website National Security Agency
NSA is in search of Computer Science professionals to solve complex problems, test innovative approaches and research new solutions to storing, manipulating, and presenting information. We are looking for you to apply your computer science expertise to projects that seek to create new standards for the transformation of information. If you want to develop technologies and tools and be a part of cutting edge innovations ‘ join our team of experts! Help protect national security interests as part of the world’s most advanced team of computer science professionals!
- You will make a lasting impact serving your country as a Data Scientist at the National Security Agency, using your curiosity to analyze large data sets to inform decision-making against foreign threats. We are looking for critical thinkers, problem solvers, and motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about data and believe that answers to hard questions lie in the yet-to-be-told story of diverse, complicated data sets.
- As a member of a technical mission office or the DSDP, Data Scientists tackle challenging real-world problems leveraging big data, high-performance computing, machine learning, and a breadth of other methodologies.
- Collecting and combining data from multiple sources
- Uncovering and exploring anomalous data (including metadata) – Applying the scientific process to data evaluation, performing statistical inference, and data mining
- Developing analytic plans, engineer supporting algorithms, and design and implement solutions which execute analytic plans.
- Designing and developing tools and techniques for analysis – Analyzing data using mathematical/statistical methods
- Evaluating, documenting, and communicating research processes, analyses, and results to customers, peers, and leadership
- Creating interpretable visualizations
- Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience. An Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
- Degree must be in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Operations Research, or Computer Science.
- A degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Information Systems, Engineering), a degree in the physical/hard sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy), or other science disciplines (i.e., behavioral, social, and life) may be considered if it includes a concentration of coursework (typically 5 or more courses) in advanced mathematics (typically 200 level or higher; such as calculus, differential equations, discrete mathematics) and/or computer science (e.g., algorithms, programming, data structures, data mining, artificial intelligence).
- College-level Algebra or other math courses intended to meet a basic college level requirement, or upper level math courses designated as elementary or basic do not count.
- Relevant experience must be in designing/implementing machine learning, data mining, advanced analytical algorithms, programming, data science, advanced statistical analysis, artificial intelligence, and/or software engineering.
Company: National Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A