Website Old Mutual
Provide Specialised quality testing services for the Old Mutual Insure IT team in order to implement and sustain a best-practice testing framework which ensures optimum testing of the systems that IT services .
- Contribute to Test Driven Development TDD Framework and upskill feature team members where needed.
- Identifies and drives opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Review the software for test readiness at both the API level and the GUI level
- Assist with maintaining documentation of the testing outcomes for reference and audit purposes.
- Find defects and work directly with the developer to create a fix and validate it.
- Designing and performing end-to-end tests, including exploratory testing, performance testing.
- Test and Quality Assure components that are categorised as significant or major changes prior to implementation into the production environment to ensure that these components operate according to specified requirements.
- Ensures code commit standards and conventions are adhered to by the Development team, including but not limited to GIT, using agreed tools.
- Applies Quality Assurance for new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
- Collaborates with the various teams to enable an efficient, effective release pipeline.
- Work with the product owner to add and refine the “done” criteria for user stories
- Business Analysis knowledge and ability to analyse business requirements to be met by IT solutions and document it.
- Defines and implements appropriate measures to deal swiftly with the coordination, communication and resolution of unstable builds where impacted by the feature team.
- Performs Peer Review of the solutions being developed
- Act as an independent verifier of data against source data and document any discrepancies
- Assists Scrum Master and other team members in estimation of features
- Actively contributes to improving the quality of code commit standards and conventions.
- Develop frameworks and participate in manual, automated and performance testing.
- Performance Testing
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or 5 – 10 years equivalent experience)
- 5 to 8 years relevant business experience
- Quality Centre
- Web-based application testing
- Integration testing
- Automation Testing
- Business Analysis knowledge and ability to analyse business
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps team, and an advocate of that culture
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A