Website Old Mutual
Management and coordination of the end-to-end reporting suite typesetting processes. Management and coordination of small to medium projects within the Group Reporting & Insights team, and the impacts of external projects within the Group Reporting & Insights team. Assistance with general team management and administration functions Stakeholder management and engagement to ensure timely delivery of reporting outcomes. Project management and coordination of key finance reporting cycles being year-end, interims, quarterly and monthly reporting, including both internal and external reporting processes.
- Manage the reporting cycle/project risks, including resourcing risks and the development of contingency plans.
- Manage reporting cycle/project scope changes and impacts and obtain suitable sign-offs where required.
- Direct and motivate the reporting cycle/project teams to ensure successful delivery within scope, time, cost and quality agreements.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular reporting cycle status/project update meetings.
- Chair reporting cycle/project meetings, compile meeting minutes, follow up on open actions and updates project logs.
- Accurately log risks, actions, issues and decisions and follows up on open items.
- Ensure project business cases are kept up to date and customer sign offs are obtained where required.
- Develop and agree detailed scope and plans for reporting cycles/project deliveries.
- Manage the delivery of the required reporting cycle/project outcomes and deviations to plan.
- Prepare reporting cycle/project progress reports. Proactive communication to ensure visibility of reporting cycle/project status and the resulting impact to GR&I and wider Old Mutual stakeholders.
- Ensure buy in / appropriate sign-off from key stakeholders at different stage gates or milestones.
- Appropriately escalate key risks/issues and/or initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in Agile methodologies will be advantageous.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent of 3-5 years’ experience in project management.
- Strong inter-personal skills and conflict management skills.
- Previous OM Group Financial Reporting experience will be advantageous.
- Must be able and willing to work after-hours/weekends during the key reporting cycles / when working towards key project milestones/deliveries.
- Experienced in utilizing project management tools.
- Previous reporting suite typesetting management experience will be advantageous.
- Accredited Project Management courses a requirement
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt.
- Ability to work under stress and to tight deadlines.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A