- Define molecular features that impact polymer biodegradation for down the drain applications.
- Working closely with colleagues in Analytical, Data & Modeling Sciences, and Environmental Fate, you will help to elucidate the precise structural features in modified biopolymers that contribute to product performance and improve the environmental profile.
- Using modified biopolymers, determine the important factors that influence biodegradation including chemical composition, microstructural features, and sequence length distribution along the modified biopolymer backbone.
- Characterize the precursor modified biopolymers and converted metabolites/fragments from biodegradation studies to help refine polymer biodegradation models.
- Practical Instrumental analysis (NMR, GPC, Mass Spec) and familiarity with Computational packages and simulation techniques (e.g., MATLAB, python, ACD, ChemDoodle, Molecular Dynamics).
- Clear oral and written communication
- Practical and Theoretical Polymer Physics/Characterization.
- Wet chemistry skills (dissolution, precipitation, filtration, dialysis) including simple chemical modifications (oxidation, esterification, hydrolysis).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Suwanee, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A