Website Peace Corps
This establishes an Open Continuous Announcement which will be utilized to maintain eligible/qualified applicants to be considered for current Financial Management Specialist position.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer. This position will serve as Financial Management Specialist with responsibility for performing a variety of duties required in the financial transactions control and utilization of funds for assigned programs or organizations.
- Conducts detailed examination of transactions and researches for required information.
- Primary responsibility for the collection and tracking of specialized data organized and maintained to meet specific program or project requirements, specifically maintenance of Volunteer Readjustment Allowance funds, Volunteer personnel actions, and Personal Service Contractor (PSC) contracts, full range of payment invoices, disbursement documents, and other supporting and financial documentation.
- Provides technical payments and financial guidance in answering a variety of customer inquiries; refers customers to supervisor or senior specialists to resolve complex problems.
- Plans and manages standard financial disbursement activities, such as billing, invoice review, check cancellation requests/credits, and disbursement of Government funds.
- Provides support and assists in the planning, review, and reporting of data/statistical results of program or project studies.
- A one year trial period is required.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You must successfully complete a background security investigation with favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet this requirement will be grounds for employment termination.
- This position requires a moderate risk public trust background investigation.
- All Federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Qualification & Experience:
You must meet the specialized experience at the grade level(s) in which you choose to be considered by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 03/29/2022 (the closing date of the announcement). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To ensure full credit for your experience, please indicate dates of employment by month, day, and year and the number of hours worked per week in your resume.
This vacancy is being announced at two (2) grade levels :
1 full year of graduate level education
Qualifying experience for the FP-5 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the FP-7 or GS-7 grade level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes: Experience applying policies, procedures, regulations, funding sources, budget and/or financial practices, and guides; Experience using automated financial database/reporting systems to enter, correct and retrieve factual information and compile reports; Experience applying concepts and principles of financial management functions.
master’s or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
Company: Peace Corps
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Application Deadline: N/A