The purpose of this position inherently involves providing excellent customer care to our hospital clients. The Veterinary Hospital Client Specialist represents the Petco mission and values to all clients, and is typically the first person a client, who may be upset or worried about their pet, encounters when entering our hospital. The Veterinary Hospital Client Specialist is responsible, like all team members, for fostering cohesion and motivation within the team.
- Assume primary responsibility for answering the practice phone and routing calls appropriately. Assume secondary responsibility for answering calls directed towards the house call practice.
- Participate in the training of new staff members and general dissemination of knowledge as required.
- Ensure that the waiting area is consistently cleaned (including using special disinfectants in the case of the presence of suspected contagious disease) and well-stocked with appropriate materials.
- Serve as main social media conduit for the practice, taking photographs and posting according to pre-established practice guidelines
- Schedule appointments when necessary from callers or visitors to the practice.
- Confirm all appointments by client’s preferred communication method (phone, email, text) the prior day, and make necessary adjustments.
- Greet all visitors to the practice; greet clients and patients by name as they arrive for appointments and notify technical staff when they arrive.
- Monitor wait times and make accommodations as necessary during peak/busy times, or when medical staff is dealing with an emergency situation.
- Possess basic understanding of practice logistical specifics in order to provide backup support to technical staff when rooms need to be loaded or patients need to be discharged and primary staff members are otherwise occupied.
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic, and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations
- Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments, offer creative ideas, and accept change.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, “people oriented”, and have a sense of humor
- Must have exceptional telephone and computer skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma is a requirement.
- Must have at least 1 year previous experience of working in a veterinary practice or a customer-facing role in another organization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shorewood, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A