The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading through Petco’s vision of “Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.” in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth while maintaining a focus on the welfare, health and proper care of all animals. The GM leads a team of store department managers and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store, including all in-store services. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on people (talent acquisition, training, and development), performance (guest service, sales, and expense control), process (standard operating procedures and policies), which will result in overall profitability. The GM must exercise discretion and independent judgment to execute store activity to create the best possible partner, guest and pet experience. This position requires a passion for pets, focus on process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
- Build a team that embodies the Petco brand by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
- Responsible for all partner performance management in the store. – Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth mindset.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Ensure quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers by helping partners determine the guest’s needs and by sharing product knowledge with partners to enable them to suggest the appropriate merchandise to meet the customer’s needs.
- Market the store and its products, oversee planning of in-store and community events, such as adoptions, school visits and other local promotions and animal-welfare events.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage Petco programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of partners.
- Performance – Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork by working alongside the leadership team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Train, coach, and develop department level leaders and hourly store partners in all areas and functions required to run the store efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout selling models.
- Schedule and adjust labor hours & payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank deposits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Encino, California, US
Application Deadline: N/A