Website Pilanesberg Platinum Mines - PPMSA
The purpose of Sectional/Senior Rock Mechanic is to:
- Provide effective input into Rock Engineering designs as well as support systems and layouts.
- Analyse and interpret rock engineering data and information to identify changes in the production environment, defects and safety risks, while conducting regular inspections and ensure problems are addressed proactively and aligned with Rock Engineering requirements.
- Develop quality controls to ensure alignment of operational rock engineering interventions, systems and processes with standardization requirements as well as policies, procedures and operating standards.
- As a Section/Senior Rock Mechanic you will maintain stakeholder relationships, successful teamwork and manage the continuous improvement of the rock engineering function.
- Excellent organization/time management skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of mining economics and evaluations.
- Knowledge of civil rock engineering excavations (foundations, tunnels and rock cuts).
Knowledge and experience with hydrogeological investigations, analysis and modelling.
- Experience with ground support design, 2D-3D computer modelling skills, including knowledge or proficiency in numerical modelling using boundary element, finite element, finite difference and/or discrete element methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to effectively run meetings and communicate clearly and accountably with clients, staff and coworkers.
- General understanding of project management and application to mining projects.
- Proficiency in computer and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Qualification & Experience:
- Registered as a Rock Engineer with SANIRE
- Chamber of Mines Certificate in Strata Control / Rock Mechanics
- 15 years + relevant experience: underground mandatory.
Company: Pilanesberg Platinum Mines – PPMSA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pilanesberg, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A