Website RCL Foods
At RCL FOODS we see and do things differently. We think bigger, work smarter, and collectively work as a team to achieve our ambition; MORE food to MORE people, MORE often! Our Talent Team is looking for a proactive & efficient Shift Warehouse Controller with great interpersonal skills to join our Vector Logistics team based in Peninsula.
- Control operational deliverables, and expectations, and coordinate progress with direct line manager.
- Approve and oversee the execution of all relevant warehouse documentation and ensure compliance with all audit requirements including ISO.
- Ensure that all products are received and stored timeously and in accordance with Group policy.
- Provide direction to warehouse team on a daily basis including overseeing the assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions.
- Maintain team focus on the business objectives in order to drive success.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various operational teams and team members within span of control.
- Conduct daily checks on all facilities, storage areas and equipment within area of responsibility, ensure compliance to all mechanical, electrical, safety and hazard standards and raise any areas of non-conformances for action.
- Check the temperature records of probe thermometers.
- Ensure that the warehouse is locked and secure after hours.
- Monitor and ensure optimum stock rotation practices are applied across area of responsibility.
- Optimise the allocation of picking slots to meet sale patterns.
- Carry out daily SAP warehouse checks and action any reported defaults.
- Ensure compliance to relevant hygiene standards.
- Conduct regular safety checks and ensure maintenance is conducted on all lifting and other equipment.
- Ensure that there are sufficient levels of consumables including pallet wrap, paper, cartridges, etc. maintaining continuous operations within the warehouse.
- At least 5 years’ experience at Supervisory level in an FMCG Warehouse environment.
- Valid Code EB drivers’ license.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Matric with relevant Tertiary Qualification is preferred (Logistics, Warehousing, Operations, Supply Chain, etc).
- SAP knowledge and experience impressive knowledge of warehouse operations, efficiencies, processes, and practices.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peninsula, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A