The role will be responsible for the development, analysis and maintenance of performance monitoring and operational dashboards for the DPTS and other departments when needed. The candidate will be required to work cross-functionally and will play an important role in using both internal and 3rd party data to present key analysis and insights to monitor performance. The BI Analyst will work closely with the country SI Leads, Analytics Specialist and Operations Research unit. The BI Analyst will report directly to the Senior SI Lead and have dotted responsibility to the Senior Technical Advisor – RMNCH
- Drive the adoption of business intelligence as an integral step in helping key stakeholders stay updated with their organisational performance (HO units, EMT/SMG, Countries & CHWs)
- Structure reports to provide exception management & field staff with call to action
- Conceptualize, design and build Business Intelligence (BI) models in support of business requirements.
- Co-lead maintenance of data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems DPTS teammates and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data control
- Conduct data analysis and compile reports, for multiple project stakeholders.
- Develop syntax for automated routine programme performance reports – in consultation with SI & Programme Managers/ Technical Leads.
- Provide TA and support to DPTS in Implementation geolocations in documenting and designing organizational data products in support of BI
- Have a good understand of the m2m/DPTS strategic plan, drive execution through reporting that supports the overall organisational objective
- Gather, analyse and report on internal & external data sources, including aggregate or client level data from m2m’s data pipeline, plus any other external data sources having the potential to drive m2m’s outcomes and impact
- Other duties in support of DPTS/SI needs
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse organizational units
- Advanced skills in use of information technology including Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively and to facilitate collective problem-solving.
- Minimum of two to five years’ relevant experience in Business Intelligence / Management Information AND on database technology used for business intelligence and /or analytics in resource constrained contexts.
- Minimum Requirements – Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar with a focus on analytics, business information management.
- Experience managing, supporting and overseeing the quality of work of junior staff.
- Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders on SI and research Programmes/projects.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and strengthen capacity of lay frontline health workers.
- Highly analytical and must have good communication and presentation skills
- Experience with analysing complex requirements
- Excellent planning, communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experienced in working with large data sets, reports and dashboard development
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining SOP documentation
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight timelines
- Uses data analytics to solve and influence key business decision makers
- Experience in Digital Health (with reference to data collection, data management and reporting) is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools i.e. DHIS2, Tableau, PowerBI, UX/UI design, SQL (related databases coding), QlikView
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A