The main purpose of this position is to increase group sales of the range of products through building relationships and superior client service to independent brokers and corporate clients.
- Prepare and deliver clear, thoughtful, and concise presentations (via phone, internet & Face-to-face meetings) to various client and potential client audiences with diverse backgrounds to secure new client relationships.
- Keeping up-to-date with competitor product and service offering and industry developments.
- Sourcing and securing new business opportunities with corporates, unions, churches, taxi associations, funeral parlours, burial societies and individual clients.
- Training and ongoing product support to brokers.
- Ensuring that clear information is given to clients before, during and after a sales deal.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships in all business levels.
- Review new business pipeline, follow-up and track by sourcing, issuing and converting of quotations.
- Consistently striving to engage with clients in honest, committed, considerate and receptive manner to drive company values
- Ensure that there is no unreasonable post–sales barriers faced by clients.
- Ensuring that the agreed new business targets are met.
- Participating in proactive sales and marketing initiatives.
- Building relationships with internal departments to ensure superior service is offered to clients.
- Dealing with queries and providing information on a range of sales and service issues.
- Sourcing new brokers and maintaining relationships.
- Broker consulting, trade unions, funeral parlours experience in an insurance company.
- Minimum 12 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) per CPD cycle.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office package).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of insurance legislation.
- Knowledge of underwriting processes.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Class of Business training in Category 1 life and friendly societies.
- Sound knowledge of long term insurance or employee benefits products.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the insurance industry preferable in the group funeral or group risk market.
- Proven Sales track record.
- Product Specific training in Category 1 life and friendly societies.
- Experience in establishing contacts and relationships with decision makers within funeral group business.
Qualification & Experience:
- 60 FAIS Credits or alternatively full FAIS recognized relevant qualification (DOFA dependent).
- NQF 6 qualification/3-year relevant tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
- Regulatory Examinations (RE5) for representatives.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A