Responsible for the overall financial function in the cluster. The CFO owns and directs Sanlam Corporates financial strategy and is responsible for translating the cluster’s strategy into financial plans and budgets and; has full oversight of all cluster financial functions, including financial accounting, management accounting (including budgets and forecasts), financial reporting, tax, internal audit and financial performance enhancement
- Engage the Sanlam Corporate Exco, the Group Exco, and where relevant the finance and audit, and committees around issues, trends, and changes in the Sanlam Corporate operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Perform detailed financial analyses and make recommendations to improve profitability and returns on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in the development and execution of Sanlam Corporate’s strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Cluster CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Drive the implementation of the plans and adjust/review as needed to meet profit targets.
- Direct activities associated with the security and investment of the organisation’s assets and funds and ensure that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet short and long term objectives and regulatory body requirements.
- Track variances to budget and make recommendations to Executives where corrective action is needed.
- Participate in and co-ordinate financial governance on any corporate transactions.
- Drive the Cluster and Sanlam Corporate’s expense optimisation strategy.
- Assess organisational performance against both the annual budget and Sanlam Corporate’s long-term strategy.
- Review and project Sanlam Corporates prospects for future growth within the organisation’s strategic and values framework.
- Develop Financial Business Plans (with budgets) to support the delivery of strategy.
- In conjunction with the CEO and Exco members prepare the annual budget and three year plan and present to the Group Exco.
- Own, manage and oversee the planning and budgeting process.
- Exceptional understanding of profitability models in the financial services industry
- Conceptual understanding of actuarial models and support to and engagement and collaboration with Sanlam Actuarial
- Ability to manage strategic relationships with internal and external partners and service providers
- Financial IT Systems and reporting capabilities
- Good knowledge of IFRS
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 years finance experience, with experience leading a team at a senior level
- Qualified Actuary (FASSA), CA (SA) or equivalent
- Provision of commercial and strategic support and consulting to Exco team and CEO
- Advanced broad commercial and economic skills
- Financial planning and control
- Experience in reporting at a Group or Board level will be an advantage
- Experience in working with business unit leadership teams would be an advantage
- Financial reporting and IFRS
- Budgeting processes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A