The Organisation requires the services of a General Manager: Supply Chain Management in the Chief Financial Officer’s Division. This position will be based at Groenkloof National Park, Pretoria. The above position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop and implement SCM policies, processes and systems.
- Develop and monitor SLA and OLA (operational level agreement), and monitor compliance.
- Develop and implement SCM Strategy.
- Manage performance and development of staff.
- Responsible for all SCM related legislative and stakeholder reporting.
- Influence and monitor SCM planning and key performance indicators.
- Provide administrative support to the Organisation.
- Provide training and advice to SANParks staff on the SCM process.
- Provide strategic direction of SCM to Board, Managing Executives and the departments.
- Design and lead legislative and best practices, with enabling systems, particularly transformation within SCM.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Organization on drafting and negotiating service contracts.
- Ensuring quality assurance of key submissions, including regulatory reporting, bid submissions and bid specifications.
- Identify, mitigate and manage enterprise-wide SCM risk and related risk.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant and applicable SCM best practices as incorporated into the SCM field and in legislation.
- Financial management.
- Leadership and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation: PPPFA, BBBEE, PFMA, Tourism Charter and Corporate Governance.
- Be highly self-motivated needing minimal supervision
- Excellent negotiations and good networking skills
- Business communication skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of legislative interpretation and change management, and track record of successfully providing advice on complex SCM matters
- Professional Supply Chain Management membership, preferably CIPS
Qualification & Experience:
- 7 to 9 years experience as a Senior Manager in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in contract management is essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Groenkloof, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A