A challenging vacancy currently exists for an Activity Coordinator at Addo Elephant National Park. The successful candidate will have to be a highly motivated individual with the necessary skills and expertise to take immediate control of all relevant activities within the park and will report to the Hospitality Services Manager.
- To do relief duties when other Field guides when on leave or on time off
- To assist with Standby duties after hours and over weekends in the camps.
- To plan for guided activities and complete the necessary associated administration.
- To ensure that all Field Guides comply with the applicable standards, laws and regulations.
- To provide Logistical Coordination & Support, in terms of Guided Activities within the Park.
- To assist with the identification and recommend Human Capital Development and Training needs.
- Present high-quality environmental interpretation to create environmental awareness and contribute to the building of an Addo Region constituency.
- To conduct basic and advanced guided activities including game drives and day walks.
- To market guided activities with the intention of improving the camps’ revenue and unit occupancy.
- Assisting with managing Front Desk in absence of Duty Managers.
- To manage and organise camp based guided activities for the smooth running and administration of the entire camp.
- The successful candidate will have to write and pass the recognised Addo exam before operating within the park.
- Sound knowledge of fauna & flora.
- Bilingual (English & Afrikaans).
- Valid First Aid certificate level 1.
- B. Tech Nature Conservation/Tourism/Ecotourism
- PDP (Valid Public Drivers Permit).
Assessor, Training Accreditation and experience in Hospitality Management will be an added advantage
- THETA Nature Site Guide (Dangerous Game Area) TGD/NSGDGm/4/0037 NQF Level 4 certificate (must include View Potentially Dangerous Game Unit Standard)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to conduct a short game drive within Addo Elephant National Park as part of their practical test
- Interpersonal, computer literacy and administration skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislations. (NEMPAA; National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, Tourism Second Amendment Act; Occupational Health and Safety Act and Fire Arms Control Act)
- Valid EC (Code 10) Drivers License
- DEAT Registration (Nature Site Guide)
Qualification & Experience:
- 4 years doing tourism based activities and business management, while guiding for at least 3 years in a dangerous game area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A