Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient checkout service; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Recognize and be knowledgeable about various types of products carried in the store, including produce items.
- Stand at register station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Accurately identify and scan product under correct department (when necessary).
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End operations.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc) in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A