Website Sidra Medicine
Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner. The HN is a health care resource, and patient advocate. Additional involvement in academic and quality improvement projects will be encouraged and required. Such activities include but are not restricted to participation in Nursing and Allied Health education, resident and fellow training, contribution to ongoing clinical research projects and/or the development of divisional guidelines or involvement in divisional multidisciplinary quality improvement projects. By delivering the very highest quality in clinical care, Sidra Medical and Research Center will serve as a magnet for patients within the borders of Qatar and beyond.
- Develops and performs necessary diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per standardized protocols.
- Elicits, performs and records the history and physical examinations on assigned patients. Under the supervision of the Neonatology Attending, develops a differential diagnosis for the presenting problem and implements a plan for management.
- Assists in the assessment of learning needs of patients and families, and works in tandem with the Community and Patient Education Department to develop and implement patient education materials and
- programs that are centered on the learning preferences, religious and cultural values, and appropriate reading and language skills of target audience to meet those identified needs.
- Assists in the promotion of a safe working environment inclusive of cultural competence and continuous learning, development and growth to contribute to ensuring that the Division of Neonatology has a capable and competent environment.
- Under the supervision of the Neonatology Attending, collaborates with Case Management and Discharge Planning teams to plan and facilitate the continuity of comprehensive care of specialty patient
- populations from hospital, home and outpatient setting.
- Under the supervision of the Neonatology Attending, identifies and facilitates resolution of challenges and problems when appropriate to improve Neonatal Division – NICU/Perinatal program cohesiveness and patient satisfaction.
- Provides counseling and anticipatory guidance to patients and families regarding physical, psychosocial and developmental needs.
- Models an understanding, appreciation and respect for an inclusive workplace environment that respects differences and diversity.
- Facilitates effective inter- and intradepartmental communication between patient, family, community and interdisciplinary team members for collaboration, liaison, networking and teamwork to ensure the maintenance of strong and professional relationships.
- Contributes to ensuring that clinical practices within the Division of Neonatology are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of the Joint Commission International, Ministry of Publicly Health, and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficiency in Medical Research
- 3 years of clinical experience including fellowship training.
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
- Telemedicine consultation when developed and appropriate.
- Inpatient patient care units.
- NICU, Nursery & Labor and Delivery Suites.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Procedure rooms in the hospital when needed and appropriate.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Sub-specialty Fellowship training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board of Pediatrics
- Site visits to referring and affiliated hospitals and clinics when requested and appropriate.
Company: Sidra Medicine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Ar Rayyān, QA
Application Deadline: N/A