Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our team provides the code.siemens.com internal social coding platform code and its eco-system to over 40,000 people within Siemens. As our ideal candidate, you will be a recognized leader in the global open-source community and coach and lead our developer community towards to open-source collaboration. You will integrate yourself into a small team of highly-skilled people. We are using infrastructure as code, containers and many other technologies as part of this growing eco-system.
- Coach and guide the 40,000 developers across all organizations (business units, corporate units etc.) on the open-source way of working and related tooling
- Influence major strategic decisions at Siemens regarding implementation of open-source culture and tools
- Contribute towards strategic open-source software projects on behalf of Siemens
- Implement API thinking and guide developers on APIs
- Recognized as an established open-source leader, contributor and maintainer within well-known projects
- Masters or PhD in computer science or in related fields
- 10 years’ experience in developing and analysing complex distributed systems
- Proven track record of shaping the open-source culture within a multinational company
- Strong cybersecurity mindset and understanding of typical attack vectors
- Deep knowledge of Linux, CI/CD and multiple programming languages
- Fluent in English (Portuguese or German a plus)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Inverness, GB
Application Deadline: N/A