We currently have a vacancy for a Field & Datacentre Operations Engineer to join our Network Field Operations department, predominantly based at the Osterley Campus with an On-Call week out in the Field. The role will follow 37.5 hours a week shift pattern, comprising of 3 weeks of days, 1 week of nights and a 24/7 on call week (5-week rota).
- You will be part of a Team responsible for the physical Implementation and First Line Maintenance on Sky’s core IP, Transmission networks and Broadcast networks which supports Sky products including: Broadband, Talk, Mobile, Corporate, Broadcast and Wholesale services.
- The role will cover the day to day operations and maintenance within the Sky POP and Datacentre environments ensuring all support functions are performed to Sky’s outstanding standards.
- Be responsible for the restoration of network faults within a defined SLA
- You will also be responsible for the physical implementation and preventative maintenance within the Sky LLU and Data Centre Estate.
- Proven experience within the Telecom / ISP industry
- Demonstrate experience in Datacentre operational environments
- Technical knowledge and experience of network installation practices and procedures for various network vendors such as Cisco, Arista and Nokia
- Good knowledge and understanding of industry standard fibre optic specification.
- Experience in the installation of copper (Cat5e, Cat6) and fibre optic structured data cabling is crucial.
- Good knowledge and understanding of undertaking Audits and Record Management.
- Have the ability to work both within a team and on your own effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust to change, working well under pressure to meet fixed and often ambitious deadlines.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Salford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A