Website Standard Bank
- Apply data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets to understand and analyze phenomena. Model complex business problems, discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualization techniques, working closely with clients, data and technology teams to turn data into critical information used to make sound business decisions. Execute intelligent automation and predictive modelling.
- Directs the gathering of data for use in data science models, ensuring that chosen datasets best reflect the organisations goals. Performs data pre-processing including data manipulation, transformation, normalisation, standardisation, visualisation and derivation of new variables/features. Utilises advanced data analytics and mining techniques to analyse data, assessing data validity and usability; reviews data results to ensure accuracy; and communicates results and insights to stakeholders.
- Ability to code, test and maintain models within the technology architecture using best practices such as APIs.
- Ability to utilize distributed data processing and analysis methodologies. Familiar with the Hadoop distributed computational platform, including broader ecosystem of tools such as HDFS / Spark / Kafka.
- Acts as a subject matter expert from a data science perspective and provides input into all decisions relating to data science and the use thereof. Educate the organisation on data science perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Ensure ongoing knowledge of industry standards as well as best practice and identify gaps between these definitions/data elements and organisation data elements/definitions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related field
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in executing data science projects and delivering financial value from project insights and deployed models.
- Deep understanding of insurance and financial data and how to combine multiple datasets across an organisation to solve a business problem. (advantageous)
- Must be experienced in model building and model deployment such as credit scoring, propensity to buy, propensity to lapse and behaviour- based risk measures (such as Telematics).
- Must have experience with common data science languages such as Python (essential), R, SQL (essential), C++ and preferably with data visualization tools using those languages.
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area, SA
Application Deadline: N/A