Website Tesco PLC
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a qualified Mechanical Service Engineer to work as part of our Mechanical Service Team. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, our Service Technicians deliver preventative and reactive maintenance to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way.
You will have an Electrical / Mechanical background with experience of fault-finding on lifting and handling equipment such as Scissor Lifts, Dock Levellers, Powered Access Gates, Roller Shutter doors and their associated electrical invertor drives and hydraulic control systems.
Ensuring the business can continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
- Working collaboratively with the National Operation Centre
- Completing planned preventative maintenance in line with Tesco Safe Operating Procedures.
- Responding to maintenance and repair requests using latest technology through CMMS approach.
- Communication with the team and the wider business team.
- Management of van stock, usage and parts replenishment.
- Supporting manager to resolve customer issues.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Welding experience would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Strong mechanical/Hydraulic and electrical knowledge
- Be a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Full UK driving licence
- Confident in interrogating electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams
- Completed an Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Customer service focussed
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A