Website The Foschini Group - TFG
As a Software Engineer at TFG Labs you’ll have a far-reaching impact on the commerce experience for both our customers and store staff. You’ll work in a dynamic cross-functional team closely aligned around the customer journey, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies.
- Experience owning the deployment process of your services and applications in Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data structures, algorithms and an interest in distributed systems. Experience in a scripting language.
- A passion for observability and monitoring of the services you build.
- Experience designing backend for frontend services and applications.
- Ability to work effectively across teams to deliver results, with good verbal and written communication skills
- You have experience with other languages, specifically Python, JS/Typescript or Golang.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Experience writing backend code and/or doing some frontend work on web and/or mobile applications – We primarily use C# (and Python) for our backend services, and React (and Flutter) for our frontend applications.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged (strong work experience can fill this gap)
Company: The Foschini Group – TFG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A