Website Tsebo Solutions Group
We are recruiting a Catering Manager to join our team. In this role you will be required to manage the unit through setting and maintaining service delivery standards. It is his/her responsibility to lead, motivate and train staff. Implement and maintain operational controls in line/within budgetary requirements
- To ensure the provision of quality food and service, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company.
- This includes all meals, functions and resale items.
- To plan and cost menus, making sure that budgetary limits and prescribed menus are adhered to.
- To ensure correct and timeous completion of all administrative work.
- To ensure that cash-up procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all monies are banked in accordance with laid-down procedures.
- To ensure that staff records are up to date and kept in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Hire, train, and schedule catering staff, and be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include the reporting of operating statements, reports, and operational budgets, and review of the collection of receivables.
- Menu development & costing, marketing functions as they relate to the catering department.
- To ensure that hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements.
- To ensure effective security in all areas under your control.
- To be aware of and respond the needs of your staff, including induction, monitoring performance, coaching and ensuring that appropriate training is affected.
- To carry out On-the-Job Training as requested by the company.
- To ensure that regular fire drills are held, evacuation procedures understood and effected.
- To ensure that HACCP and NOSA regulations are adhered to.
- To complete and submit all necessary, relevant documentation in the event of fire, theft, burglary or accident.
- To ensure that staff are correctly dressed at all times.
- To recruit, interview and manage subordinates complying with company and statutory procedures.
- To practice and be seen to be practising good industrial relations.
- To constantly be aware of the needs of the customer, continuously striving to create the right environment.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Be able to work irregular hours, on weekends and public holidays.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good grooming and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable working with computers
- Must able to negotiate, organise, delegate and work under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- Possess a completed National Senior Certificate
- Have 4 years’ experience in the catering and / or restaurant industry on a managerial / assistant level.
- Hospitality qualification would be highly advantageous
Company: Tsebo Solutions Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Brighton, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A