Website Tsebo Solutions Group
We recruiting an Assistant Catering Manager to join our team. In this role you would be required to assist the manager in the day-to-day management tasks of providing a catering service to the required standards.
- To assist in the production of meals, snacks and functions, paying particular attention to the quality and presentation thereof.
- To ensure that all tasks and jobs are satisfactorily completed, assuming these duties when necessary.
- To assist with lunch service.
- To assist with the planning and costing of menus.
- To place orders with suppliers.
- To assist with the completion of all administrative returns, salary variations, etc.
- To issue stocks and received goods, checking quality, quantity and price, also ensuring that these stocks are correctly stored and rotated.
- To make regular inspections to ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained.
- To carry out regular On-the-Job Training sessions, be constantly aware of staff who have potential for development and ensure that these people are highlighted for promotion.
- To be fully conversant with HACCP and NOSA regulations and report any defect to the manager.
- To be sensitive to the needs of subordinate staff and report any problems or breaches of discipline to the manager.
- To be security conscious at all times and ensure storerooms, safes and lockable areas are secure.
- To assist with stocktaking on a regular basis.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- To assume control of the restaurant and use own initiative in the absence of the Manager.
- To take part in catering exhibitions, thus gaining further knowledge and experience.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Be able to work irregular hours, on weekends and public holidays.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good grooming and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable working with computers
- Must able to negotiate, organise, delegate and work under pressure.
Qualification & Experience:
- +2 years’ experience in the catering and / or restaurant industry on a supervisory level.
- Must have completed at least a National Senior Certificate
Company: Tsebo Solutions Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kenilworth, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A