Website University of Cape Town
The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to these permanent positions. The successful candidates will join the CILT Course and Curriculum Design team in supporting academics to develop blended and online courses and learning materials at the University of Cape Town. Given our current context, you may need to work in a flexible hybrid mode (online remotely and in-person on campus as required).
- To design and develop digitally enabled education provision at UCT.
- Participate in research and evaluation activities as required.
- To advise teaching staff about the most appropriate use of technologies to enhance learning.
- To offer education and training around effective online and blended learning design.
- To work with academics and the CILT team to create and improve blended courses and degrees.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge about the barriers and affordances of online education in a South African context.
- Ability to assist academics create effective online teaching resources.
- Knowledge of learning design principles.
- Knowledge of online learning platforms.
- 3 years of experience working with online or blended education.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail.
- 1 year of experience doing educational or instructional design for higher education.
- Capacity to create digital assets through a variety of programmes/ applications.
- Ability to be responsive, work in an agile way, and manage competing demands.
- An NQF 7 level qualification e.g., a 3-year undergraduate or Bachelors degree.
- Knowledge of the higher education context.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in online collaborative teams using productivity tools (such as MS Teams, Trello, Googledrive).
- Ability to facilitate a learning design workshop.
- Ability to write clear instructional text.
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A