Website University of Johannesburg
The School of Economics is one of six schools within the College of Business & Economics (CBE). The core activity of the School of Economics is to train economists in various fields of economics (financial engineering, industrial policy, development economics, local government economics, econometrics, competition & regulation economics, environmental economics, and trade economics).
- Proven knowledge and experience in both Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methodologies at postgraduate level.
- Sound knowledge of spatial statistics, Mathematics and Advanced Econometrics (such as spatial econometrics, geographically weighted regressions, hierarchical regressions) at postgraduate level.
- The ability to publish research findings in high-ranked accredited/peer-reviewed journals is the most important requirement for the position.
- An excellent record of relevant academic publications.
- Strong working knowledge of advanced mathematics/statistics and different econometrics packages such as R, MATLAB, Geoda, and QGIS.
- The candidate must be willing to teach in other areas of economics when required.
- Proven ability to think critically, analytically, and laterally across disciplines and sectors (transdisciplinary).
- Fluent in written and oral English communication.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A