Website University of Johannesburg
The School of Economics is one of six schools within the College of Business & Economics (CBE). The core activity of the School of Economics is to train economists in various fields of economics (financial engineering, industrial policy, development economics, local government economics, econometrics, competition & regulation economics, environmental economics, and trade economics).
- Have strong knowledge of the fields of Economic theories and Quantitative technics applicable to sustainable development issues.
- The candidate must be willing to teach in other areas of economics when required.
- Strong knowledge of advanced mathematics/statistics and different econometrics packages (Eviews, MATLAB, R, Stata).
- Be able to conduct and publish high-quality research.An excellent record of relevant academic publications.
- Be able to lecture and supervise Master’s/PhD students in Economics, based on current and/or past experience at similar levels.
- Sound knowledge of Economic theories, Mathematics and Advanced Econometrics for development, at postgraduate level.
- The ability to publish research findings in high-ranked accredited/peer-reviewed journals is the most important requirement for the position.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A