Website Ulta Beauty
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for supporting our transportation vendors/partners on a daily basis to achieve superior on-time delivery performance for our retail stores. In addition, this role will focus on improving processes through analysis, identification, documentation and implementation. This individual works closely with carriers, suppliers and many internal cross-functional partners to troubleshoot pain points and develop innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in transportation-related projects and support the transportation strategy
- Create and maintain SOPs and best practice documents for multiple areas within transportation.
- Work internally with DC’s, DM’s and stores to implement new shipping schedules
- Create and maintain Outbound Shipping Schedule in Excel and work with internal partners to update SAP & UltaNet.
- Support monthly/quarterly carrier reviews
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and expedited shipments. When necessary, assist in tracking shipments and manage daily MacroPoint exceptions.
- Seek to improve the current process with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- During peak season, may manage seasonal temps.
- Work with carriers to ensure their capacity meets Ulta’s demands
- Support day to day transportation for Ulta’s DC’s, Outbound Carriers, Pool Carriers and Stores utilizing Ulta’s TMS platform.
- Work collaboratively with Transportation Coordinators at each DC to perform all transportation requests.
Qualification & Experience:
- Flexibility in daily task assignments as assigned
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with a Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Previous experience managing vendors/carriers preferred
- Experience in process improvement and best practices preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP and TMS required. Must be comfortable learning new software.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends when needed especially during peak season.
- Needs to be a self-starter with an entrepreneurship spirit who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Requires well-documented communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
Company: Ulta Beauty
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Supply Chain
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A