Evaluate inventory support material and services requirements for UPS’s airline. The Technical Analyst will be working with various airline groups to determine requirements, component interchangeability, configuration requirements, sourcing options, negotiating with suppliers, and maintaining project tracking/reporting. The Technical Analyst will assist in the development of short/long range material support for the airline along with special projects as assigned.
- Specialists in the Asset Management Groups will have a systematic understanding of the Planning, Purchasing, Repair, and negotiations for aircraft components and services.
- This knowledge will be used to successfully control the supply chain of these assets and coordinate customer requirements.
- Customers include Aircraft Line and Heavy Maintenance, Engineering, as well as other key support and Procurement Services functions.
- Interpret Engineering and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical documents to validate effectively and interchangeability.
- Analyze component repair requirements and processes.
- Liaison with component repair vendors.
- Commercial expertise, negotiation, technical and financial skills to component repair and overhaul costs, alternative parts, and alternative repair authorizations.
- Ability to comfortably and confidently interface and negotiate with monopolistic suppliers and our aircraft engineering teams to standardize component specifications and ensure our cost per flight is best in class while maintaining reliability.
- Contract development and ability to interpret and execute to terms is desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to collect technical and cost data to identify trends.
- Degree preferred.
- Formal training in a relevant aviation field and/or extensive aerospace industry experience.
- Must understand the effects of material support on the maintenance organization.
- Understanding of Project Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A