Website U.S. Department of Agriculture
The position is located in the Internal Compliance Division, Office of Compliance Operations, Chief Financial Officer, Business Center, Rural Development. The purpose of this position is to serve as a trainee Accountant, leading to progressively more difficult work in various phases of accounting.
- Makes recommendations and justifications for new accounting systems and broad revisions to existing accounting systems.
- Develops, interprets, and applies policies and procedures concerning borrowers accounting systems.
- Assists in directing and coordinating studies and analyses to determine whether borrower and grantee accounting objectives are being achieved in accordance with approved RD policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Participates in internal review audits to ensure compliance with acceptable governmental and public accounting theories, principles, procedures, and practices.
- Completed all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two (2) years;
- Participants will serve a trial period for the duration of the excepted service appointment
- You must be a US Citizen at the time of Non-Competitive conversion to a career conditional appointment
Company: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A