Website United States Postal Service
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached. Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution.
- Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
- On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
- Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MP (476).
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds
- Mail Processing Clerks must work their assigned tour and days of work often within an industrial plant environment. Mail
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Processing Clerks must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A