Website United States Postal Service
As a City Carrier Assistant with USPS, you will: Deliver and collect mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; Maintain professional and effective public relations with customers and others; Obtain a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
- Works professionally with other employees in the office.
- May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- CCAs must work their assigned tour and days of work. CCAs must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- CCAs are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions, including wearing an approved uniform.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: City of California City, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A