Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The registered nurse provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the nursing process which includes systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and executing medical regimens including administering medications and treatments prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized provider.
- Manage daily PACU function, supplies, equipment and processes,
- Pre-operative care, including (but not limited to) the nursing assessment of patients, consent and H&Pvalidations, the starting of intravenous fluids including venipuncture, assisting with peripheral nerve blocks, assuring all lab work and other pre-operative testing is completed and communicated to team members, confirming that surgical sites are prepared and marked, and the administration of medications as ordered.
- Psychological preparation of the patient will also be paramount to the provision of holistic pre-operative care.
- Ensure staff compliance with mandatory training and required competencies,
- Assist with orientation of new staff to the clinical area,
- Initiate and participate in process improvement endeavors,
- A thorough knowledge of anesthetic agents and how the patients may be expected to recover from thedelivery of these anesthetic agents. Side effects and adverse reactions of anesthetic agents will be recognized and reported to anesthesia personnel and surgeons as appropriate.
- Report pertinent findings to management
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity.
- This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Transferring patients and objects may be required.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A